The Saskatchewan Triathlon Association Corporation now has its own Legacy Fund. The fund provides indivduals and corporations an opportunity to provide financial support to the sport of triathon in the province of Saskatchewan and receive a federal fax receipt in the process.
Our fund is managed by Sask Sport who operates at the Saskatchewan manager for the National Sport Trust Fund.
Our fund has three key componants:
- The Saskatchewan Triathlon Centre
- Our Annual Bursary Program.
- Out of Province Athletic Excellence Program.
Program guidelines for STAC's Legacy Fund of Excellence can be downloaded here.
If you would like an application form download here and email STAC for more information here.
The Saskatchewan Triathlon Association Corporation
Each year, the Saskatchewan Triathlon Association Corporation (STAC) issues $1000 in bursary funds to triathletes attending a post-secondary institution in the Province of Saskatchewan.
Criteria for Bursary Application:
- Applicant must be enrolled with a minimum of three course credits per semester at a post-secondary educational institution located in the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen and a resident of the Province of Saskatchewan for at least 12 consecutive months preceding the date of application.
- Applicant must have a minimum admission average or cumulative grade point average of 70% or higher in the most recent year of study.
- Applicant must be currently training competitively in the sport of triathlon either at the Junior Elite or U23 level, and have participated in a minimum of two provincial triathlons and one out-of-province triathlon in the year in which the application is being made.
- Applicant must submit a written essay to STAC outlining why he or she would be a deserving applicant. The essay is limited to a maximum of 1000 words and should demonstrate triathlon involvement, community service and short-term and long-term goals in triathlon. Demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant should include up to two Letters of Reference with the application.
- At the discretion of the Selection Committee and the STAC Board of Directors, in any given year, up to four bursaries may be awarded at a minimum of $250 per bursary, for a total of $1000.00. Larger bursaries may be awarded based on the number of applicants, but a single bursary shall not exceed $1000.00.
- Selection committee reserves the right to not award any bursary(s) in a given year, if the applicant pool is determined not to meet the standards of a worthy applicant.
- Bursary recipient(s) must attend, or make their best effort to attend, the STAC Annual Awards Banquet in March of the following year, where he/she will be recognized as a bursary recipient.
- Application Deadline: September 30th with the bursary award(s) to be decided by October 15th.
- Applications MUST include the written essay, proof of the applicant’s grade point average, name, full mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Hard copy applications are required. It is acceptable for the applicant to forward an electronic version to email@example.com by the deadline date but the hard copy application must be postmarked no later than the application deadline. All applications remain confidential.
Applications are to be mailed to:
STAC Education Bursary
Saskatchewan Triathlon Association Corporation
P.O. Box 21008