Standards are reviewed annually.
Age Categories: 13 – 15 years; 16 – 19 years; Under 23; and Elite (24 plus years)
In order to receive funding, athletes must meet the policy criteria as outlined below.
- The athlete must be a member in good standing of STAC.
- The athlete must be a Saskatchewan resident – an active current Saskatchewan health card is proof of residency.
- The athlete must not belong to a Triathlon Canada provincial sanctioning body other than STAC. Race day memberships are permitted.
- The athlete must be a Canadian citizen.
- The age of the athlete is calculated using December 31st of the current competition year.
- The athlete must compete in the sport of triathlon at the levels identified below:
13-15 yrs. - compete at the provincial race (when offered) and at a draft legal level.
16 - 19 yrs. - compete at the Junior Elite level.
U23/24+ - compete at the Elite level and apply to Triathlon Canada and receive a Triathlon Canada International Competition Card.
· All athletes who make the time standards must further demonstrate draft legal cycling skills and that they are able to ride safely with a draft legal bike pack. These skills may be demonstrated at a provincial level clinic or at a group STC bike workout upon request of the STC coach.
Download Application Form Here:
Downloadable Application for Approval of Camp Funding Form
B. Events Eligible for Funding:
· STC approved training camps: Athletes are guaranteed funding for one extended (more than 5 days) and STC operated training camp. Request for funding for additional STC operated camps must be submitted to the Provincial Coach two (2) weeks prior to the camp start date for consideration of the STC Advisory Committee approval. The Request for Camp Approval (Appendix D) must include:
o camp dates and locations
o coach(es) and NCCP certification levels
o camp training schedule outline
o camp goals
o how the camp will benefit the athlete and how the camp goals are aligned with the athlete's season goals.
· Non-STC operated camps: Request for Camp Approval must be submitted to the Provincial Coach two (2) weeks prior to the camp date for consideration by the STC Advisory Committee. The Request for Camp Approval (Appendix D) must:
o name the camp coach(es) and NCCP certification levels
o include the camp training schedule outline
o name the camp dates and locations
o identify the camp goals
o identify how the camp will benefit the athlete and how the camp goals are aligned with the athlete's season goals.
· Races: 13-15 (2 out-of-province races – this is in addition to the National Championships)
16-19, U23/24+ (up to 3 races in the Junior Elite Series, up to 3 Continental or
World Cups – this is in addition to the national championship event)
· Distribution of funds is at the discretion of the STC Advisory Committee (High Performance Committee).
C. Proof of Performance
Athletes must provide proof of performance to the Provincial Coach by submitting either of the following:
· A copy of official results from sanctioned swim meets, track meets, or road races - OR
· Time trial results. Prior approval for acceptance of times from time trials must be received. Applicants must submit a request to the STC Advisory Committee via the Provincial Coach (firstname.lastname@example.org) by sending the following information:
o date and time of the planned time trial.
o name of venue and venue details (ex. length of pool/track, indoor/outdoor).
o details of event (ex. type of start, are lane ropes used, number of timers per lane).
Note that only one swimmer per lane is allowed and TT's must be run on an approved track/pool.
o Overseers of the event, and their certification
Note that either an Intro to Competition triathlon coach or a level 3 NCCP certified event coach AND a second NCCP certified coach must be present.
D. Exemption Requests
Athletes who have met standards in the previous year, may apply to the STC Advisory Committee to be exempted from meeting current year standards based on injury, or other unforeseen circumstances. The athlete will be required to send by email, the exemption request containing an explanation of the circumstances to the Committee via the Provincial Coach. If approval is given, the athlete may receive the same funding level support as per the previous year. Athletes will be required to meet the current standards at a later date. All exemption requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.